Mergers & acquisitions deals have regained the investors’ interest after the standstill induced by the SARS-COV-2 pandemic in the first part of 2020. The deal-making market is starting to gain momentum due to the special attention from high-risk-appetite investors, such as the investment funds. These scan for opportunities to multiply the money originating from investors who seek higher yields by investing in the emerging markets.
In the upcoming period, the long-awaited EUR 1,000 billion Green Deal funding package for the EU countries will constitute a major source of money over the next 10 years.
Acquisitions and investments have fueled several major deals on the corporate funding scenery. Strategic investors, who are the market’s most visible players, are cautious, but ready to continue making acquisitions to reach their major targets.
Concurrently, entrepreneurs struggling to maintain the value of their businesses are keeping an eye on the moves on the market in an effort to identify new sources of growth. A new wave of ventures is now rising based on the trends centered around the online delivery of increasingly more services.
In this context, two new types of businesses are in the spotlight – companies with solid business models that have been proven following multiple economic crises and cycles, and companies ready to scale investment opportunities emerging from the changes in the labor market and consumer behavior.
On December 10, transaction journal MIRSANU.RO is hosting the online event MIRSANU DEALMAKERS SUMMIT 2020, which is taking place in an economic context that is difficult for businesses.
We have so far received attendance confirmations from:
- Marcel Cobuz, Region Head EuropeLafargeHolcim
- Nick Vozianov, Director Syndicated Finance for CEEMEA ING in UK
- Mark Davis, Regional Director EBRD Romania and Bulgaria
- Stefan Marcu, Senior Partner and Managing Director CEE Kearney
- Andreea Pipernea, CEO NN Pensii
- Adrian Tanase, CEO Bucharest Stock Exchange
- Berke Biricik, Principal Mid Europa Partners
- Sergiu Negut, Co-founder Fintech OS
- Florin Ilie, Deputy CEO and Head of Wholesale Banking, ING Bank Romania
- Cristian Sporis, Vice President and Head of Corporate Banking, Raiffeisen Bank Romania
- Rossen Ivanov, Managing Partner BlackPeak Capital
- Adrian Stanculescu, Partner- Head of Romania Abris Capital Partners
- Horia Braun Erdei, CEO Erste Asset Management Romania
- Marian Dinu, Country Managing Partner, DLA Piper Romania
- Robert Miklo, Director Investment Services Colliers International Romania
- Marius Stefan, CEO Autonom
- Razvan Butucaru, Partner, Financial Sevices & Advisory Leader Mazars Romania
- Alexandru Stanean, CEO Teraplast
- Radu Dumitrescu, Partner-in-Charge, Financial Advisory, Deloitte Romania
- Cornel Marian, Managing Partner, Oresa
- Dan Farcasanu, Country Director Resource Partners
- Ioana Filipescu Stamboli, independent investment banker
- Bogdan Campianu, Managing Director WOOD & Co.
- Georgiana Singurel, Partner Reff & Asociații | Deloitte Legal
- Cristian Nacu, Senior Country Officer International Finance Corporation Romania and Moldova
- Loredana Chitu, Partner, Head of Capital Markets, Dentons Bucharest
- Bogdan Axinia, Vicepresident Emag
- Valentin Voinescu, Partner Banking & Finance NNDKP
- Daniela Petra, CFO Regina Maria
- Andrei Gemeneanu, Managing Partner Morphosis Capital
- Octavian Vidu, Investment Manager CEE Equity Partners
- Mihai Paduroiu, CEO Office Division, One United Properties
The debates in the event will focus on the following topics:
- New trends emerging as a consequence of the changing economic framework
- Where can entrepreneurs find capital for growing their businesses?
- Which business models are resilient to economic cycle changes and adverse market conditions
- Which businesses have quick scaling potential against the wave of changes in the labor market and in consumer behavior
- Which sectors expect major deals
- Developments in the indicators for the mergers & acquisitions market
- Who gets major financing from new loans on the banking market
- Developments in the real estate deals and returns
- Latest trends in the capital market transactions
The agenda of the event will be as follows:
11:00 – 11:05 Introduction by the event moderator
11.05 – 11.50 Panel on international macro trends and local trends that will shape the major corporate deals
11.50 – 12.35 Panel on the mergers & acquisitions (M&A) market
12.35 – 13.20 Panel on corporate financing
13.20 – 14.25 Roundtable panel on private equity
14.25 – 15.00 Break
15.00 – 15.45 Deals on the capital markets
15.45 – 16.30 Developments on the real estate market
16.30 – 17.15 Debate: Entrepreneurs v Investors
17.15 – 17.30 Event conclusions
The event’s partners are:
- Event partners: ING Bank Romania, Bucharest Stock Exchange, NNDKP, Oresa, Mazars, Dentons, Reff & Asociații | Deloitte Legal,Ioana FilipescuStamboli, DLA Piper Romania, DeloitteRomania.
Content partners: Colliers International Romania, WOOD & Co.
You can participate to this event only by invitation or for a fee of RON 250 (EUR 50).If you are interested in attending this event, please contact us at: email@example.com.