The MIPIM Awards 2021 finalists have been chosen. The 13-member jury has selected 50 projects from 21 countries that now go forward to the finals of the international real estate industry’s premier awards.
The 2021 finalists reflect the global appeal of the MIPIM Awards. France has the most projects (nine) heading to Cannes, with five from China, four from Russia and three each from Germany, United Kingdom, United States, Japan and Denmark.
The jury, chaired this year by Méka Brunel, CEO of Gecina, reviewed over 172 entries from 36 countries and shortlisted the finest projects in each of the 12 competition categories.
This year, in addition to the usual criteria, the jury also looked at how the project adapts to the consequences of the pandemic on the way people live, work, shop and entertain themselves.
The winners will be announced at the MIPIM Awards ceremony held at the occasion of MIPIM September Edition on Wednesday, 8 September at 3.00pm in the Auditorium Debussy of the Palais des Festivals in Cannes.
The winners will be selected on a 50:50 basis, with delegates’ votes cast online and on site before and during MIPIM September Edition 2021, carrying equal weight with the jury’s own votes. In addition, the jury of real estate experts from around the world will award one additional prize – the ‘Special Jury Award’, which goes to their favourite project amongst all.
Presentations of each project will be available in the MIPIM Pressroom at the end of the week.
Members of the MIPIM Jury Awards 2021 are:
• Méka BRUNEL, CEO, Gecina (France) & President of the jury
• Stéphanie BENSIMON, Head of Real Estate, Ardian France (France)
• Kai-Uwe BERGMANN, Partner, Bjarke Ingels Group (Denmark)
• Akim DAOUDA, CEO, FGIS (Gabonese Sovereign Wealth Fund) (Gabon)
• Hala EL AKL, Director, PLP Architecture (UK)
• Serge FAUTRE, CEO, AG Real Estate (Belgium)
• Kathleen FONTANA, President, RICS (UK)
• Paolo GENCARELLI, Head of Group Real Estate, Poste Italiane (Italy)
• Marco HEKMAN, Divisional President, Advisory Services, Continental Europe, CBRE (The Netherlands)
• Frank KHOO, Group Chief Investment Officer, City Developments Limited (Singapore)
• Sergey KUZNETSOV, Chief Architect, Moscow City (Russia)
• Henrik SAXBORN, CEO, Castellum (Sweden)
• Katarzyna ZAWODNABIJOCH, President & CEO, CEE Region, Skanska Commercial Development Europe (Poland)