MIPIM launched its digital platform MIPIM Connect to meet the needs of property industry professionals to discuss, make new contacts and keep up to date with business developments. As a result, MIPIM is going multi-channel with a digital platform – MIPIM Connect – available all year round, along with its traditional events in Cannes, Paris, New York and Hong Kong.
MIPIM Connect includes a section accessible, free of charge, to the entire international property community and another section reserved for customers registered for MIPIM 2020. Access to exclusive MIPIM content and networking opportunities will be offered to MIPIM 2020 registered delegates until September.
The new MIPIM Connect digital service offers :
- A networking tool to simplify connections between international property professionals registered to MIPIM 2020. Users will receive personalised recommendations based on their matchmaking preferences and can then propose virtual meetings or chat conversations and share presentations with their chosen contacts. For MIPIM 2020 registered delegates only
- Exclusive MIPIM content such as webinars and studies of the international property market. Twice a week until September (Tuesdays and Thursdays), exclusive webinars will give the floor to international property experts and leaders who were scheduled to speak at the MIPIM 2020 conference programme. Spotlighting a special theme each month, they will address a wide range of property and city issues, from urban development and investment to innovation and proptech, and provide a perspective in light of the current context. For MIPIM 2020 registered delegates only
The first webinar, Thinkers & Leaders: Embracing the change, scheduled on Tuesday 5 May at 2pm CET will bring together Hala El Akl, Director, PLP Architecture; Olivier Vassart, CEO, Arcelor Mittal Steligence®; Neil Slater, Global Head of Real Estate & Deputy Head of Private Markets, Aberdeen Standard Investments et Courtney Fingar, Editor-in-Chief, FDI , NS Media Group.
- Free access to curated content. Users of the MIPIM Connect platform can find out about landmark international property projects to be presented in Cannes in March, benefit from the latest news from the industry via MIPIM blog articles, and access an online project gallery. Open to all
- MIPIM Connect users can also discover the finalists of the MIPIM Awards 2020 and MIPIM 2020 registered delegates will be able to vote for their favourite project in the next few weeks in their online facility. The winners of the MIPIM Awards 2020 will be announced in September.
“Everyone in the property sector has been hit hard by the coronavirus, and first of all the MIPIM team and I would like to express our continuing support for them. This crisis has halted a great many projects and is putting social distancing in our cities to the test. In response, MIPIM is remaining true to its DNA by promoting contacts and exchanges, and sharing information to help all property professionals continue their activity. I hope that this initiative will further contribute to jointly building tomorrow’s cities,” says Ronan Vaspart, Director of MIPIM.
The next webinars available on MIPIM Connect are:
- Tuesday 5 May, 2020 at 2pm CET – Thinkers & Leaders: embracing the change
- Thursday 7 May, 2020 at 2pm CET – Building value through social engagement
- Tuesday 12 May, 2020 at 2pm CET – Focus on UK: Housing options & innovations
MIPIM Connect is accessible from the MIPIM website.
MIPIM 2020 registered clients will receive by email their login information to access the exclusive content of MIPIM Connect.
The next MIPIM in Cannes will take place from 16 to 19 March 2021.
About Reed MIDEM
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR in Cannes, MIP China in Hangzhou and MIP Cancun in Mexico for the television and digital content industries; MIDEM in Cannes for music professionals; Esports BAR in Cannes and in Miami for the esports business; MIPIM in Cannes, MIPIM Asia Summit in Hong Kong SAR, Propel by MIPIM – NYC, Propel by MIPIM – Paris and Propel by MIPIM – Hong Kong for the tech and real estate industry; MAPIC and LeisurUp in Cannes, MAPIC Russia in Moscow, MAPIC Italy and TheHappetite in Milan, and MAPIC India in Mumbai for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com