Poland, Europe’s most resilient economy: A snapshot of the market today & tomorrow
MIPIM: Wednesday 16 March 2022, 13.45 – 15.45, Verriere Californie, 5 Floor
For the 6th edition of MIPIM running, Poland Today is the official organizer of the Polish conference in Cannes. Covering the latest issues including ESG and ‘15-minute’ communities, as well as sector updates and overviews, this session provides the one-stop snapshot of the urban and commercial real estate market in Poland, followed by a roof-terrace networking cocktail party.
FILM: Premiere of the Poland Today film ‘Poland, Europe’s most resilient economy’ (approx. 10 minutes)
Panel 1: ESG and the Built Environment: Creating the 15-minute community (approx. 40 minutes)
Featuring city & real estate leaders, the panel will discuss the effects of ESG on real estate and sustainable urban development, looking at current trends and future prospects for communities and businesses alike. Participants will engage on how to ensure long-term sustainability and viability without sacrificing short-term development goals, to create schemes and spaces that are active during the day, night, week – and at the weekend.
- Guy Perry, Vice President, McKinsey & Company (moderator)
- Jacek Jaśkowiak, Mayor of Poznań
- Anni Sinnemäki, Deputy Mayor for Urban Environment, Helsinki
- Katarzyna Gruszecka-Spychała, Deputy Mayor of Gdynia
- Anders Berg Sørensen, Director of Urban Investments, NREP
- Andrew Phipps, Head of Business Development EMEA & Global Futurist, Cushman & Wakefield
Panel 2: Capital markets & sectors overview – Adapting to the new normal (approx. 40 minutes)
Poland’s real estate market has emerged robustly from the recent pandemic, with large investment deals taking place and no loss in interest from international operators and investors. The office market in Warsaw and the largest Polish cities has remained on course for growth, and the warehouse & logistics sector is on a sustained run of significant expansion. PRS is emerging as a strong segment of the market, and retail is adapting. How has the office sector adapted to the new market conditions? What changes have developers & owners seen in terms of work practices? How is the retail sector embracing the fast-changing habits of customers? Will the warehouse market continue its seemingly indefinite turbo-growth? How deep is potential in the PRS sector?
- Michał Olszewski, Deputy Mayor of Warsaw
- Maciej Dyjas, Managing Partner, Griffin Capital Partners
- Agnieszka Stankiewicz, Partner, Real Estate, Greenberg Traurig
- Robert Jacek Moritz, President, Alta (Miasteczko Siewierz Jeziorna)
- Martin Erbe, Managing Director, Helaba
- Richard Stephens, Editor, Poland Today (moderator)
15.15 – 15.45 Networking Cocktail Party on the terrace next to Verriere Californie